S L HORSFORD & COMPANY LIMITED
POSITION: Assistant Manager – Valu Mart IGA Store (Nevis)
- Responsibility for the overall profitability of the department
- Preparation of an annual business plan.
- To ensure the safeguard of all the assets of the department including cash, inventory and fixed assets, through the adherence to all company’s policies.
- Control of all expenses within the department and ensurance that such expenses do not exceed budgeted amounts.
- Supervision of all members of staff within the department.
- Ensure the prompt and courteous customer service by knowledgeable and adequately trained staff and the prompt delivery of goods where appropriate.
- Maintain the appropriate levels and types of inventory as dictated by company policy, where appropriate through the use of proper ordering techniques.
- Ensure the company’s pricing policies are adequately maintained.
- Ensure that all inventory is appropriately merchandised and displayed for easy identification by the customer.
- Ensure that a clean, comfortable and safe environment is maintained for the customer and members of staff.
- An excellent knowledge of retail selling with an extensive background in merchandising and retail.
- Ability to plan and supervise promotions and advertising to maximize sales and profits.
- Good knowledge of clients.
- Good organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Relevant University Degree in Business Administration or equivalent business experience
- 5/8 years experience in supervisory or managerial position in a Supermarket
- An attractive salary and excellent company benefits will be offered.
Qualified persons should submit resume and cover letter by January 5, 2018
via email to email@example.com
or mail to Human Resources Manager, S. L. Horsford & Co. Ltd, P.O. Box 45, Basseterre, St. Kitts