The Board of Governors of the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following full-time contractual position for the period August 17, 2020 to June 13, 2021.
CULINARY ARTS LECTURER
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Applicants must possess at least 5 years of industry experience as an Executive Chef OR at least 7 years of industry experience as a Sous Chef
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts will be considered an asset
• CVQs in relevant areas will be considered an asset
• Successful experience teaching in tertiary education will be considered an asset
• Qualification in teacher education will be considered an asset
• She/he is expected to practice, advocate and promote the highest standards for scholarship, academic achievement, honesty and professional integrity.
• Teach the practical and theory aspects of the Culinary Arts food courses at the College, including: 1. Food Preparation 1, 2 and 3
2. International Cuisine
3. Food Arts Presentation
4. Quantity Food Production
5. Food and Beverage Service
6. Sanitation, Safety and Hygiene
• Manage relationships with industry and distributors
• Maintain a sanitation schedule and ensure safety practices in the kitchen
• Monitor food and labor costs for events catered by the College
• Manage kitchen staff related to meal prep, cooking and delivering food in a timely fashion
• Keep pace with industry trends and new innovations
Applications from Qualified Applicants should include:
• Letter of Application
• Curriculum Vitae
• Police Record
• Official academic certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents (certified copies)
• Two references with telephone and e-mail addresses
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and in accordance with the current salary structure at the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College.
and addressed to
The Chairman of the Board
Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College
P.O. Box 268, Burdon Street, Basseterre, St. Kitts
The deadline for receipt of applications is April 18, 2020. Late applications will not be acknowledged.