Experience & Attributes
– Candidate must have substantial experience of approximately 5-10 years in a senior position in the insurance industry
– Good oral and written communication skills
– Excellent team building and interpersonal skills
– Sound analytical skills
– Excellent time management and organizational skills
– Detail and documentation oriented
– Keen interest in honing/acquiring the skills required to support personal and professional growth.
– Self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritize workload for self and others
– Excellent computer skills
The purpose of this job is to:
Work with the General Manager to execute policy and provide the overall direction of the company, within the guidelines set by the Board of Directors. Along with the General Manager and Department/Branch Heads plan, direct and coordinate the operational activities of the Company; usually applying ‘minimum constraints consistent with optimum efficiency’.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the General Manager in analyzing the operations of the Company to evaluate performance in meeting objectives and determining areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement and/or policy change.
- Assist in directing and coordinating the pursuits of departments concerned with sales, marketing, production, compliance, claims, life & health and non-life.
- Assist with reviewing the financial and budgetary activities of the operation, having regard for the maximizing of investments and the increasing of efficiency.
- Keep abreast of money laundering and terrorism financing matters.
- Monitor the adequacy of internal controls.
- Act for and on behalf of the General Manager in his absence.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of operating at a senior managerial level within a composite insurance environment.
Desirable qualifications should include professional designation/certification such as FLMI, LOMA etc. Other qualification such as a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant managerial discipline would also be an asset.
Please send applications with two references by 20 September 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org or