Title: Front Office Supervisor
Department: Front Office
Reports to: Front Office Manager
Royal St Kitts Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Frigate Bay. With 227 luxury studios and suites each with its own fully stocked and equipped kitchen, it is simply your ‘home away from home’. Due to our expanding growth, we are hiring a Front Office Supervisor to join our team.
Job summary: Under the general guidance of the Front Office Manager, the Front Office Supervisor position is an entry level supervisory position that is responsible for leading the Front Desk operation ensuring and maintaining a consistently high standard of customer service. This position will be responsible for checking guests in and out at the front desk, and maintaining the smooth flow of front desk services according to the standards.
• Motivate personnel to perform to the best of their abilities and setting an example by his/her performance and enthusiasm.
• Retrieve reservations daily from OTAs.
• Demonstrate support for all Company policies and management decisions.
• Schedule and attend regular meetings with staff members.
• Consistently enforce rules and regulations specific to the Front Office.
• Ensure accuracy of staff work by spot checking to ensure errors are identified and corrected in a timely and efficient manner.
• Lead by example, direct the team to ensure the smooth operation of Front Desk functions and exceptional service.
• Participates in training of all Front Desk associates; acts as a resource to associates.
• Checks guests in and out of the hotel; Performs daily Front Desk Agent duties and work flexible agent shifts if necessary
• Meets guest requests as per the arrivals list; Follows up with guests who have not yet checked out of the hotel
• Monitors the registration against in-house guests; Maintains smooth operation of the front desk
• Ensure all duties are completed in a timely and organized manner. (i.e. VIP list, arrivals, blocking rooms, inhouse bucket); communicates information to the associated departments
• Resolves guest and associate complaints and issues
• Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
• Responsible for overall cleanliness and tidiness of the Front Office work area.
• Makes hotel and other reservations by entering or telephoning requirements, checking availability, confirming requirements.
• Ensures duties on task list are completed; Performs other related duties as required
• Attention to detail – Able to maintain quality and a high level of accuracy is present at all times.
• Service Orientation – Displays a commitment to quality guest service at all times, Understands the dynamic of the hotel, supplying of accurate and timely information and.
• Professionalism – Conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner
• Decisiveness – Proven consistency in making sound decisions sometimes in pressurized or time-sensitive environments and service.
• Initiative – Demonstrates the tendency to contribute ideas and initiate new ways of working, shows enthusiasm for project work and special assignments.
• Leadership – Leads by example in behaving in an honest and trustworthy manner; treats others fairly; builds strong and trusting relationships with others; practices open communication.
• Team Building – Promotes team achievement, contributes to the development and success of department objectives; supports and encourages team members; is respectful, actively listens to and seeks out opinions and ideas from the team.
• Interactive Communication – Adapts content, style, tone and medium of communication to suit the target audience’s language and level of understanding; takes others’ perspectives into account when communicating or presenting information; facilitates open communication and information exchange.
• Conflict Management – Defuses difficult situations by being assertive; facilitates discussions between parties to explore differences and help find common ground; uses tactful approach to work with others to identify solutions to emerging conflicts and or issues.
• Developing Others – Supports individual development and improvement by providing effective performance feedback and support, reinforcing strengths and identifying areas for improvement and ways to improve performance and competence; encourages staff to develop and apply their skills; provides positive comments regarding others’ abilities or potential even in difficult cases; creates mentoring opportunities.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in hospitality/travel and tourism industry
• Post-secondary education in Hospitality Management, or equivalent experience.
• Computer Skills – Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills.
• Excellent cash handling skills
• Excellent business acumen
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to hot/humid conditions typical of the tropics.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, due to special functions and/or events, the noise level can be loud.
• Lift up to ten (10) pounds, unassisted
• Sit and/or stand for long periods.
Terms of Employment: Full Time, Weekend, Holiday (Shifts)
Transportation/Travel: Bus shuttle transportation is available
Send Applications To: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.