The purpose of this job is to:
Execute policy and provide the overall strategic direction of the company, within the guidelines set by the Board of Directors. Along with the Senior Executive Team plan, direct and coordinate the operational activities of the Company, applying ‘minimum constraints consistent with optimum efficiency’.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze the operations of the Company to evaluate performance in meeting objectives and determining areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement and/or policy change.
• Direct and coordinate the pursuits of departments concerned with sales, marketing, production, compliance, claims, life & health and non-life.
• Review the financial and budgetary activities of the operation, having regard for maximizing business profitability, investments and increasing efficiency.
• Plan, direct, and implement policies, objectives and undertakings of the business to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investments and to increase productivity.
• Negotiate and approve contracts and agreements with suppliers, brokers, actuaries, reinsurers, contractors, adjusters, federal and other organizational entities.
• Keep abreast of money laundering and terrorism financing matters.
• Work with the Board of Directors to develop investment strategies.
• Oversee the Group Pension Scheme.
• Monitor the adequacy of internal controls.
EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES
• Candidate must have substantial experience of approximately 5-10 years in a senior position in the insurance industry
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Excellent team building and interpersonal skills
• Sound analytical skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Detail and documentation oriented
• Keen interest in honing/acquiring the skills required to support personal and professional growth.
• Self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritize workload for self and others
• Excellent computer skills
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should have a proven successful track record of operating at a senior managerial level within a composite insurance environment.
Desirable qualifications include a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant managerial discipline in addition to professional designation/certification in General and Life Insurance such as FLMI, AIAA, HIA, CPCU, CIP, etc.
Salary commensurate with qualification and experience.
Please send applications with Two references by Friday 16 June 2023 to: [email protected] or
The Corporate Board Secretary
National Caribbean Insurance Company Limited
P.O. Box 374