The Trust Operations Manager is responsible for the overall coordination of daily operations for the Trust. The Trust Operations Manager implements and maintains operational controls for the Trust with a focus on transactional reviews, account and asset reconciliations, record keeping, and tax portfolio accounting functions. The position requires a strong orientation towards operational efficiency, productivity, internal controls, compliance and process improvement. The Trust Operations Manager must be able to operate effectively in a growth oriented, team focused, and transformational environment and be ready to assist with the execution of investment and vendor due diligence reviews, risk analysis, and other fiduciary administration matters.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Processing, clearing, servicing and settlement of transactions.
• Routine operational balancing and reconciliations of accounts and assets.
• Development of proficiency with the Trust accounting system.
• Implementing and monitoring internal controls.
• Resolution of transaction and custody exceptions.
• Processing secure wire transfers.
• Performing complex inquiries and research.
• Handling open items and departmental payables/receivables.
• Ensuring adequate due diligence and record keeping.
• Assisting with daily Trust administrative issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Working knowledge of Trust operations and administration.
• General understanding of principal and income accounting.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
• Relevant degree in Trust, Law, Finance, Accounting, or Investment Planning.
• Previous experience in Trust operations or administration.
• STEP, MBA, CPA, CTFA, JD, CFP, or in the process of obtaining a professional designation.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent team building and interpersonal skills
• Good analytical skills with the ability to analyze financial statements
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Superb attention to detail
• Strong judgement, ethics, and decision making skills
• Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to escalate problems in a timely manner.
• Self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritize workload for self and others
• Keen interest in honing/acquiring the skills required to support personal and professional growth.
Applications should be submitted with detailed Curriculum Vitae to HR@sknanb.com or addressed to: Chief Human Resources Officer, P.O Box 343, Central Street, Basseterre, St. Kitts. The deadline for submission of applications is 28 February 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Phone||(869) 465-2204 ext 1614|