Come build your career with Unicomer Group!
We are a dynamic and fast-paced retail organization spanning 24 countries, with over 1,000 stores and 16,000 talented and engaged retail professionals across Latin America, the Caribbean and USA. Unicomer Group is the owner of established brands within the Caribbean, including, Courts, Optical, Ready Finance, Radio Shack and Lucky Dollar.
We are recruiting a qualified Optical Dispenser Supervisor for our St. Kitts & Nevis Operations. The job holder must also determine and fulfil the needs of the staff to ensure high levels of motivation and commitment, and efficiently manage the operations of the Optical Department
The successful candidate will have key accountabilities as follows:
• Explains prescriptions and recommends eyeglass frames and lens treatments based on their prescription, vision needs and style preferences to ensure that they make the best choice
• Creates work orders for the laboratory and follows up to ensure that jobs are sent within the agreed time frame
• Conducts quality checks on all finished eyeglasses upon receipt from the laboratory to ensure accurate prescriptions, measurements, alignment and absence of scratches; and makes adjustments if necessary
• Uses optical machines to obtain accurate measurements of patients’ eyes and ensure that the frames or lens are compatible with the prescription
• Repairs or re-fits broken eyeglass frames to guarantee sustained customer satisfaction
• Educates patients about fitting contact lenses and eyewear to ensure that they know how to care for their contact lenses
• Creates and maintains dispensary reports outlining all jobs sent to the lab to ensure that accurate payments are made in a timely manner
• Ensure that various reports are completed as required to include but not limited to: Outstanding Bookings, Outstanding Deliveries,
• Delivery notes printed and not notified, Delivery differs from Agreement, Capture Report, Merchandise Report.
• Review Outstanding Cash Balances report on a weekly/monthly basis to ensure that all accounts are acted upon.
• Ensure timely preparation and submission of variance reports, perpetual stock reports etc. to Inventory Control Department.
• Coordinate the stocktaking activities of the branch in accordance with company policy
• Ensure customer complaints are dealt with efficiently and in the best interest of the customer and Courts
• Ensure conformance with established housekeeping and Visual Merchandize standards
• Ensure that the cash is banked according to the company’s procedures.
• Oversee the efficient management of the cashiering process
• Effectively lead, motivate and manage performance of the Optical Service Representatives (OSRs)
• Work in collaboration with the Human Capital Team, Senior Manager, Business Development Manager and Optometrist to Identify and address training and development needs and ensure access to relevant tools and materials
Education and Experience:
Degree in Business Administration/Management Studies or any other related field
Specific Knowledge/ Experience Required:
• A minimum of 3 years working in the field of Optical Dispensing and managerial experience.
• Experience in a retail sales environment will be an asset
• Certificate in Microsoft Office
• Competent in optical adjustments, repairs, prescription interpretation and quality assurance
• Possess a ‘hands on’ approach with a view to resolving the issues that are negative to the store.
• Sound decision-making, analytical and conflict resolution skills
• Possess leadership, coaching and team building skills.
• Positive attitude towards work
• Ability to use own initiative and work independently
• Team player
• Ability to operate effectively with minimum supervision
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to present reports and recommend strategies, maintains a high standard of honest and ethical behaviour.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to cope well in a high demand and stress related environments
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
• Very competitive total rewards package
• Excellent growth opportunity
Please join us! Send your completed Application and CV to [email protected] Closing date is January 27, 2023