The Police Co-operative Credit Union (St. Christopher & Nevis) Ltd is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Senior Loans Officer.
The Senior Loans Officer supports the Credit Department in meeting its objectives, coordinates department activities, performs Loan Underwriting, Loan Portfolio Management, Delinquency Control and Securities Management and provides general administrative support.
- Underwrite and process loan requests within approved lending authority.
- Supervise the activities of the Credit Department by assigning work, answering questions, solving problems, assist with complex transactions and underwriting.
- Coordinate the Loan Delinquency, Collections and Recoveries Function.
- Assist with the development and implementation loan growth strategies.
- Recommend new loan products and enhancements to existing products that would benefit the member and/or the credit union.
- Ensure all security documentation is in place prior to disbursement of loans.
- Make recommendations for policy changes as needed.
- Preparation of monthly and other required reports.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Banking & Finance, Accounting or related field or at least 5 years progressive lending and sales experience in a financial institution.
• Require an advance knowledge of all loan underwriting and loan types including mortgage and auto loans.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to interact professionally with diverse internal and external clients.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
• Ethical, principled and honest
• Confidential and discreet in words and actions
• Strong analytical skills
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested and qualified persons should send their cover letter, resume and two (2) reference letters to: Email: [email protected] Subject heading: “Senior Loans Officer”
Deadline for receiving all applications is Friday, 10th February 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted