The Five Star Resort, Belle Mont Farm is nestled amongst 400 acres of fertile, organic farmland and lush tropical forest. It encompasses an array of amenities guaranteed to provide an authentic guest experience and provide our team with many learning & development opportunities.
The story of Belle Mont Farm and Kittitian Hill begins with a single idea – creating a new destination unlike any existing ‘sustainable hotel’ that would bring people together to form a community that benefits both locals and visitors alike. Bringing creativity and community together in a thriving village of artists and artisans, one that will open up new avenues of expression and outlets for creative work.
Come on, Join us on this journey!
As Sous Chef you will be responsible for working closely with the Head Chef to manage the daily operations of the kitchen activities. Duties includes: the preparation and production of meals, Supervision of the culinary team, assisting with menu preparation- ensuring food quality and freshness is of the highest standard.
Core Role Requirements
• Help in the preparation and design of all food items
• Produce high quality plates both in design and taste
• Detailed execution and supervision of all mise en place functions ensuring standards are consistently met
• Ensure that the kitchen operation is timely and meets quality standards
• Deputy’s in the absence of the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation
• Manage and train the culinary team and establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
• Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Assist in the planning and development of recipes and ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration
• Maintain control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications as well and foster an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
• Maintains a high degree of cleanliness throughout the work area including reach-in and walk-in boxes
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related field
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as Sous Chef or similar role
• Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
• Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
• Must be meticulously clean and aware of all food safety standards
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Basic computer knowledge
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities
• Excellent attention to detail
• Solution orientated
If you are interested in applying for employment with Kittitian Hill, please email a copy of your resume to Hospitalityhr@kittitianhill.com by 23rd November, 2019.
If you need further information on how you can become a member of the team, please contact us on 869 465 7388, we look forward to hearing from you!
Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.